Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fat Face! :(

So after visiting with many different dental surgeons we finally decided on one. Reason being? well i have had these two anklosed teeth ( they never grew in all the way) and they are in the very back impacted clear down in my gums. so since they were starting to hurt and possibly causing infection.. it was time we parted ways! bye byes.

Thursday was the day of surgery and i started getting nervous mainly for the reason my bottom tooth was right along a nerve that if it got in the way of getting the tooth out my bottom lip could be numb for months to a year! So as I'm laying there the girl is trying to get my IV started but i had not drank fluids for over 14 hours so my veins where saying " Um no no little needle!". I started thinking of all the surgeries i have had and this was #11! Then i started thinking of waking up after being knocked out.. and i HATE that part i always have weird reactions coming out of the anesthesia. so then i got REALLY nervous! So when the doctor came in my voice was all cracking and he was prob thinking " uh only two teeth woman!" but whatever i could be numb lip girl!

So he tells me I'm giving you some med and it may make you itch but that's normal.. all i remember is saying " no i just feel light headed" and then he said" that's what we want" ha ha the next thing i know i wake up in a wheelchair with tears coming down my face.. i don't know why I'm crying.. And who placed me in the wheelchair? And I'm freezing and Eric kisses my good cheek lol and puts on my hoodie. I slept the whole way home Eric picked up my meds and got me some gummy bears so i wouldn't feel totally deprived of goodness!

Now I'm just healing and pretty swollen with fat faceness.. (its hot!) Hopefully i wont have too much more down time. I'm crossing my fingers that i i don't have to go under to stitch my upper gums i literally have a hole leading to my sinus its very awkward! i have cut down my pain meds because Thursday and Friday felt kinda like a blur! just felt not myself. But all in all i feel really happy that I'm just fat face Mary and not numb lip Mary!

Xoxo Mare

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Caitlin)Haha! You crap me up! I'm sorry! I hope your face comes down. :) jk. I had the same type of experience getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I hate that stuff! Sounds liek you have a good husband to take care of you though,

Anonymous said...

Hahaha okay I meant to say CRACK me up not CRAP me up!! I'm really tired.

Jacque said...

Oh sad girl! Keep the ICE on it and MEDS! Take them meds!!!!

Whitney said...

Ooooh man! I hope you're doing good! I hate coming out of the anesthesia, too. I freeze and shake, buuugh.
Are you still at home recovering?! I will need to stop by and say hi one of these nights before work :)